Slowdown is currently seeking employees for bartending, door, and floor positions.
Interested candidates should email us at email@example.com or stop by during business hours to fill out an application:
729 North 14th Street
Omaha, NE 68102
Slowdown is currently seeking a part time Assistant House Manager. See job description below. Interested candidates should email a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Slowdown – Assistant House Manager
Slowdown is a live music and event space, opened in 2007 in the North Downtown area of Omaha. The venue is a 12,000 square foot hall and bar environment that offers live music, private/corporate parties, weddings, and an annual College World Series extravaganza which includes an outdoor beer garden, stage, and food vendors. We are looking for a part time Assistant House Manager. The core focus of this role is to successfully oversee the venue during the hours of operations. Applicant should have the following assets:
- Strong leadership skills
- Self-Starter with a proven work ethic
- Motivated and will take initiative
- Ethical and honest
- Ability to work varying hours, typically at night
Assistant House Manager Role:
- Train and manage all venue staff during events.
- Nightly cash handling and settlements.
- Serve as a daily liaison and provide hospitality for performing artists and crews.
- Understand and execute band/artist contracts, create show settlements, work with band/artist directly or Tour Managers to settle shows each night.
Essential functions of position include but are not limited to:
- Work with management to oversee and supervise all staff members.
- Communicate staff job expectations by planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions.
- Prepare daily work schedules and delegate specific work duties.
- Expand, maintain, and disseminate the Company’s service philosophy to lead staff toward optimal working outcomes for guest satisfaction and high staff morale..
- Resolve general work complaints and escalate to higher management when appropriate.
- Serve as liaison among the Owners/Management and staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience & Education Requirements
- Tertiary education with emphasis in hospitality industry or business administration preferred.
- Experience in management/administration within the hospitality industry/high volume venue and bar may be substituted for education.
- 3+ years experience in the entertainment industry or hospitality industry or high volume venue/bar to include operations, beverage services, inventory control, special events/banquets.
- Experience in management and administration.
- Knowledge of state and local laws as it applies to liquor, labor and health code regulations.
- Exceptional customer service skills and the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Proof of eligibility to work in US.
- Valid drivers’ license and working vehicle.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Proficient in Windows Office, Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of POS and back office reporting systems.
Work Environment & Schedule
- Office, nightclub & bar
- Environment has varying levels of crowd size and noise.
- Small to Medium office environment with shared desk space.
This role requires continuous standing/walking, speaking in front of large groups, standing for long periods of time in a dimly light, loud, fog-filled multi-level venue.
Shifts are mostly nights, including weekends and some holidays. Part time position to start with full time potential.